Can you achieve teeth straightening without braces? Absolutely, with the introduction of Invisalign aligners. Crafted from a clear, thermoplastic material, these custom-made aligners offer a discreet alternative to traditional braces. Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, and their clear composition makes them practically invisible, addressing any self-consciousness associated with metal braces and elastics. To ensure optimal results, proper handling and care of your Invisalign aligners are crucial. Follow these guidelines:
- Avoid Eating and Drinking: Refrain from consuming hot beverages or eating while wearing aligners. Remove them before meals to prevent distortion or damage caused by the plastic resin. Eating with aligners on can lead to the retention of sugar and food particles, promoting plaque and tooth decay.
- Regular Cleaning: Just like your teeth, Invisalign aligners are exposed to bacteria and plaque. Clean them regularly, following instructions from Dr. Sindledecker and Dr. Saltz. Opt for a cleaning kit or a specific solution, avoiding harsh chemicals.
- Proper Storage: When not in use, store aligners in the provided case to prevent loss. Keeping them away from small children and pets is essential to avoid any unwanted interactions.
- Avoid Gum Chewing: Similar to traditional braces, chewing gum can cause damage to both braces and Invisalign aligners.
- Avoid Mouthwash Soaking: Many mouthwashes contain color pigments that may tint or stain Invisalign aligners. Avoid soaking them in mouthwash.
For additional tips and a successful Invisalign experience, reach out to our Boca Raton office!