Dental Crown Complications
Dental crown complications may arise post the corrective procedure. Every dental treatment is different from another and getting it done at the hands of a professional is imperative. If you want to know more about dental crowns and their different aspects, connect with us on www.mybocadentist.com to understand the thoroughness of the procedure.
A dental crown is usually fitted on broken or chipped teeth. It gives a natural look and does not hamper your routine tasks. Getting a dental crown is a multi-step process and you may face the following dental crown complications post the fitting.
- Crown could get chipped or broken.
- If the crown does not fit well over your teeth, you may develop tooth decay under the crown.
- Sensitivity or pain while eating or drinking any beverage or food.
- Pain while biting or chewing on food.
- Crown could fall off completely if the dental cement, that holds it onto the tooth, washes or wears away.
- This could also be a result of ill-fitted crowns.
- Getting an allergic reaction to anesthesia that could lead to swelling in the gums.
If you have concerns about developing any of these complications or facing any other issue beside this, it is advisable to speak with Dr. Sindledecker’s and understand the procedure completely.
A dental crown elevates the look of your smile and helps in ease of chewing food. While deciding the line of treatment, it is better to understand all dental crown complications and then make an informed decision. We are here to answer all your queries.